Friday, May 13, 2011

Second Week

My second week at my internship is going so well! On Tuesday, I barely had any motion sickness was able to enjoy an audiobook of the first book in Rick Riordan's new series, The Heroes of Olympus.

On Tuesday, I went to a meeting about the fashion show everyone attended in California. We brainstormed solutions to the problems that happened this year so 2012's goes smoothly. I also continued to work on this membership list to get some new recruits.

Later on in the day, I learned the database systems and how to manage subscriptions. We get tons of fashion and women magazines so I had to renew the subscriptions and double check that we were getting comped on the free ones.



The best part of my day was when I took my lunch break. I walked to the New York Public Library. It was so beautiful out! Everyone was sitting on the steps and eating lunch. It's my new favorite place to go when I am on break. For some of my lunch break today, today I went back and it is barely 60 degrees and very chilly so it wasn't as busy. I took this picture today and you can see that it wasn't as crowded. It was really cold today so I decided to sit inside. And I unlocked the Bookworm badge on Foursquare when I checked in. I am such a nerd! I love it!

When I got to work today, I got set up at my new desk. My co-worker is back from maternity leave (her son has the same Valentine's birthday as me!) so I couldn't use her desk anymore. Now I am up at the reception desk. I was weary about sitting up front where I am the first person people see when they come in! But the desk is so nice and I can finally stash all my stuff here. Plus, it doesn't face the street so it's a lot quieter and not so cold either!

They assured me that I am not here to take deliveries and answer the phones. The phone constantly rings so I have to just let it go to voice mail. But people just assume I will let them in, which we really can't blame them because they see me through the glass. And the door is locked so I would have to enter in a special code so I don't have to get up and press the button to unlock it.

Actually before, the mail lady angrily stood in front of the door and kept pulling on the locked door. It took me a moment to get my bearings straight and enter the code on the phone and so she yelled at me through the glass. WILL YOU OPEN THE DOOR??!!!

Awkward.

Besides getting a permanent desk, I worked on two press releases to recognize the achievements of two members. I hope they get published. That would be awesome. And for the rest of the day I will work on this membership list!

3 comments:

Sarette said...

Please please please make your desk look like Michael Scott's!!

jojo said...

Fashion Show in Cali.. where? can you go.
Sounds like you are really busy. Yay to a permenant desk, bet you have it decorated cute. :)

Professor Plake said...

The fashion show was in San Francisco and it was 2 weeks ago! The next one is in Las Vegas in June. I'm not going but I wish I was!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Copyright 2011 Randi Iaco. Powered by Blogger
Opinions expressed on this blog and any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the
original authors. Employer's name, employee names and clients will be withheld due to privacy concerns.