Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday in the City

Today was my second day at my internship. It was so nice to come in an hour later! It made a huge difference!

Today I've learned a ton of stuff here. I had a meeting with someone from membership. She showed me how they use Cision here, as well as the image database page.

After I did some classic intern work (preparing receipts for expense reports and throwing away old photo discs), I met with someone from public affairs to learn about the responsible business and legislation side of the organization. Finally, I had another meeting with communications and learned all about what the organization is doing and how they are integrating messages and all that!

Well, the train ride in was better...I didn't have that much motion sickness. I was able to watch a whole episode of Gossip Girl and not feel bad. After about an hour and half, my motion sickness was really bad. I looked up online that ginger ale helps so I got some at Grand Central and I thought it did help a little bit.

I had a meeting at noon and my motion sickness was still there. I actually started feeling like I was going to pass out. I was so dizzy I could barely move. Finally I was able to get back to my desk and I read that ginger root pills really help. I am so apprehensive about taking medication in general. I know Dramamine or Bonine would just make me drowsy and tired (I've taken them for flights before). So I decided to go the natural way.

I ended up walking down Park Street looking for a Duane Reade. I think it closed because I couldn't find it! So I walked up to the one on 5th Ave, but there wasn't any ginger root. Luckily there was a GNC down a few blocks so I was able to get some for like $6.

I pretty much spent my entire break looking for these pills but it was so gorgeous out. It is so unreal that I actually work in NYC. I probably sound like a n00b but I loved watching this lady try to flag down a cab but every cab was taken! And all types of people walking during lunch time. Some in business suits, some carrying shopping bags, some in gym clothes. It's so cool that I get to be a part of this.

The pills were so creepy looking! I was so afraid of them! It was like powder ginger in a plastic-looking capsule. It made me sick to think of swallowing it! I thought maybe I was supposed to crack it open! It has helped though. By the time I had my third meeting of the day and I don't feel like throwing up anymore, but my head is hurting bad.

By the way, this is my favorite skirt in the world. I wore it today and it's from the Limited. Even though it was "Casual Friday" from what I can see here! It was so laid back today and so many people weren't here at work so maybe that's why.

Now I will finish the rest of my research on the organization and take the 5:02 train home! I have A TON of work to do this weekend. I have a photo shoot on Saturday night, plus I need to get June's teaching for Amplify ready. And I need to edit my project proposal for my professional project by Monday. On top of my final portfolio due on Wednesday (but I will be working at QU/internship so I don't know when I can do it) plus my final project due on Thursday....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Copyright 2011 Randi Iaco. Powered by Blogger
Opinions expressed on this blog and any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the
original authors. Employer's name, employee names and clients will be withheld due to privacy concerns.