I've been staying with my cousins in NJ since Sunday, just so we can hang out before I have to work this week. Yesterday my cousin Nicole took the bus with me into the city so she can show me where to go. Well, this week is disgusting and SO rainy out. The bus was 10 minutes late and there was a lot of traffic because of the rain.
She spent the day shopping in the city and visiting my uncle who works above Grand Central. Then we went for lunch at Food World. It was close by and had a lot of indoor seating, which is something that is not common around here. They had all kinds of food: sandwiches, soup, salad, breakfast, Japanese, etc. I got some delicious Chinese food and ate it with chopsticks!
Later on my cousin met me at work and we took the subway to Port Authority. It seems kind of confusing but she said to just follow the crowd. We then waited for the bus. Luckily, the 5:28 bus stops right by her house so as long as I get there in time, I won't have to get picked up at the transit center.
So it was a little rough yesterday but today was far worse. I took the 8:40 express bus into the city. It was on time and the sun was starting to peek out. Then all of a sudden the bus got off the highway and we were rerouted to Secaucus Junction train station. There was a bad accident near the tunnel (which BTW I didn't realize we will have to go underwater to get to the city!!) The girl next to me told me we would have to get off and take the train to Penn Station! AH!!!!
Once again, I followed the crowd. The employees directed us to the right train. Then I got to Penn Station and my cousin had told me to get a cab. But there was a huuuuuge line for the cab so I decided to walk the 10 blocks. It took me like a half hour and my feet were killing me. I was 30 minutes late to work but I can't stay after today to make up my time or I will miss that sweet bus.
So today when I get out of work, I need to get to Grand Central, take the 7 to Port Authority, and navigate through the maze to get to the 197 bus! Hopefully it goes a lot smoother than it did this morning. I think tomorrow I will take the 8:28 bus instead of the 8:40 so I'm not late!
3 comments:
Hang in there, by end of summer you won't even have to think twice about it.-Rachel
Thanks Rachel!!
Yeah you will be such a pro when you're done!!
Post a Comment