Yesterday was a very busy day at my internship! I got to work 20 minutes earlier because I took an earlier bus. I ended up just walked from Port Authority to my job and it took about 20 minutes. I even stopped at this cafe to get a parfait for breakfast! Yum!
As soon as I got in I had to go to a meeting for 1.5 hours. The presentation was called What Not to Write. It was on how to write in the business environment and pretty much put us all on the same page so there is one consistent voice coming out of the organization.
We also spent a lot of time on editing and proofreading. I learned a lot of tricks for proofing my work and we got VERY technical in grammar. It was all very familiar since I took two writing courses this past semester, but was so cool.
After the meeting I sent out a press release via PR Newswire, which is awesome. That means there is a greater chance that it actually got published. It was for the final push for this engagement contest we are doing. After that I worked on writing 18 handwritten letters to be put into recruitment kits. That literally took me 3 hours because I would get to the end of the letter and make a mistake and have to throw it away!
I also worked on a pitch to Huffington Post on Father's Day gifts. We get this awesome newsletter called HARO (Help a Reporter Out). A twice-daily newsletter is sent out with topics that reporters need news/information/quotes on. I found one that was relevant to my work and I emailed it out! Haven't heard back yet, but how cool would that be if my work was featured in the article all thanks to me!
Right before I left I learned how to judge the engagement contest. I get to be on the of the judges!! I had to read the story and rate it. Then we will narrow it down to the top ten finalists and America will vote. How exciting!
BTW: The press release I sent out was published in many places including in FashionNews and CNBC!
BTW: The press release I sent out was published in many places including in FashionNews and CNBC!
0 comments:
Post a Comment