Friday, May 13, 2011

On the streets of NYC

I saw a bunch of people walking the streets of New York with these signs taped to their backs. I just recently heard that the world was going to end on 5/21 and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this!

Don't get me wrong. I fully believe in the Seconding Coming. But I have a lot of problems with this sign.

First of all, if you zoom in, you can see the clever line: The Bible Guarantees It. Listen, we aren't shopping on the QVC channel or some infomercial! That's like what sketchy products add for a seal of approval.

Secondly, yes the Bible does guarantee it...

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

BUT..even Jesus does not know the time or place.

Jesus said, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Matthew 13:32)

So, I was perplexed by the sign and I would like to know where they got their information from. I do believe they have good intentions and I understand they are spreading the Gospel in their own way. I just don't see how practical it is. I would rather be the hands and feet of Jesus and love the people around me who don't know Him yet.

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18 

For more info read this article. "Many mainstream Christians aren't happy with the attention the prediction is getting. They reject the notion that a date for the end times can be calculated, if not the doctrine of the Rapture itself."

2 comments:

jojo said...

You definately are being the hands and feet of Jesus... I especially see it inyour leadership with Amplify with our young children.. which is so incredible. <3

Professor Plake said...

Thanks Jo!!

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Copyright 2011 Randi Iaco. Powered by Blogger
Opinions expressed on this blog and any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the
original authors. Employer's name, employee names and clients will be withheld due to privacy concerns.