Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Not So Lonely Kitty in the City

Yesterday was a fabulous day here in the city. Because Brendan (my fiance) came to the city with me! It was so exciting and it was SO awesome to have him here.

First we took the usual 8:04 train to the city. We even got one of the new trains! We both read and talked a lot (specifically about Rob Bell's new book) and the commute went by so much faster! Then he walked me to my building and went off on his own adventures. Apparently he went to SoHo, tried to find the Men in Black 3 film location, and went to thrift stores.

Around 1 he came back to my building to meet me for lunch. I actually got caught up in a project and he was waiting for me in the lobby for like 30 minutes! I felt so bad! But then we went to eat at my favorite lunch spot, Food World. He was so hot and sweaty from walking around in the city and the AC was so nice there.

Then he came up to my office to meet my boss and some of my other co-workers! Since I sit at the front desk, he was able to sit in a comfy chair and rest for awhile. Around 3 he went back out for more adventures. It didn't seem so bad that I only had 2 more hours left of work!

I finished my projects for the day and he came back around 5. We headed down 5th Ave to Central Park. What a mistake! It's so full of tourists, even more so now that school is out. We went a different way and found the amusement park and the carousel. We almost got a horse & buggy ride but it was like $50! I just didn't want to walk anymore! There was also a protest with giant inflatable rats? Weird!

After enjoying a romantic walk through the park we hopped on the Q train to Times Square. I really wanted to take him to the M&M store. Another mistake! Times Square was SO crowded. It took forever to walk like 2 blocks. We didn't even stop in any of the fun stores. Then there was a huge crowd and Tyrese (?) from Transformers 3 was there talking on a stage. It was kind of cool to see all these giant screens with the previews and clips from the movie on there.

I got my first social coupon from LivingSocial so we had reservations for dinner at this amazing Italian restaurant called L'Allegria. We walked back there from Times Square on 9th Street so we completely avoided the crowd. We got delicious bread and big portions of food. It was very romantic too! Geeze this was like the best day ever.

Afterwards we headed to Port Authority because our day was coming to a close. We went in search for a Jamba Juice (Brendan's obsessed). I got a delicious pineapple one! YUM! Then we walked up to my bus gate and the 194 was just leaving. So we waited another half hour for the next one so we can have more time together.

I was really sad to see him go because I won't see him until Sunday. Even though I am coming back on Thursday. It's depressing really. But I am glad we got to spend some time in the city because I pretty much come into work and go straight home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Copyright 2011 Randi Iaco. Powered by Blogger
Opinions expressed on this blog and any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the
original authors. Employer's name, employee names and clients will be withheld due to privacy concerns.