Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Week in the City

Not gonna lie, this commuting thing is very hard! At least this weekend kind of went slower than usual. The best part about my weekend was that I got my wedding dress! I finally feel like I am getting married! Also Brendan and I got to spend the WHOLE day together on Saturday doing wedding stuff. We hardly ever get that much quality time!

Now it's back to the grind. Even though I left at 7:30 this morning, there was so much traffic. I had to run to my train at 8:04. If I missed it, the next one wouldn't come until 8:30 and I wouldn't be in the city until 10:30. The train  I take is the express so it's only 92 minutes or something.

I am glad I got over my motion sickness bout. I can actually read on the train now! This morning I finished reading Love & Respect and it was really good. I also listened to audiobook of the last book in the Hunger Games series.

As I was walking to work I could feel a frown on my face. I miss my apartment, my fiance, my kitty, and my friends already. But I thought about how God has blessed me with an amazing paid internship in the city! It gets hard but I can draw from His strength!

Well, today I will be working on more image database stuff. I also get to do image sourcing for the new website. I also have to go a meeting at 11 about the new intranet we are getting. I have a packed day with lots of projects. I can't wait!

Just a side note: I've been working in the city for 7 weeks now and I still haven't gotten a decent cup of coffee! Does it exist?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Copyright 2011 Randi Iaco. Powered by Blogger
Opinions expressed on this blog and any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the
original authors. Employer's name, employee names and clients will be withheld due to privacy concerns.