Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Can't Beat the Heat

It is scorching here in the city! It will be in the 90s today and tomorrow. At first I thought I wasn't gonna leave the office for lunch, but I decided I needed a break. I got a little distracted so I ended up walking like 3 blocks out of the way!

LivingSocial was having the very first Instant Deal $1 meal day in NYC. There were like 48 restaurants in Midtown participating, but by the time I went to the website, most of the deals were gone. It's amazing! Just buy the $1 voucher and show it on your iPhone when you go to the restaurant! I will have to be better prepared next time so I can get the deal!

Well my internship is going well. Yesterday, I finished uploading hundreds of pictures of jewelry for an upcoming event. Then I looked in my bin today and I have a bunch more CDs to upload. I also worked on pitching bloggers for the proposal contest. I love that I got to research wedding blogs all day...very practical for me!

Everyone just got back from the trade show in Las Vegas. I helped write thank you emails on behalf of the company. I also learned how to mail merge with an attachment! Seriously, Word 2007 does not give that option so it was a pain in the butt! At least I know how to do it now. I am like a pro.

The rest of my day will be uploading designer's events to the website from the trade show. There are a lot of pictures to be resized and uploaded, but I actually like doing it! Hopefully I can go for a swim with my cousins today!

I feel like I am starting to catch up on life. I have to rewrite my lit review by Monday, so I got a head start on that. I mailed in my expense report for my trip to Nashville. I got the next teaching series for Amplify ready. And Friday I am going with my family to check out a wedding venue!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Friday. Sounds like NYC is treating you well. Love the dollar lunch voucher, great idea! Where are you guys swimming today?
-Rachel

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Copyright 2011 Randi Iaco. Powered by Blogger
Opinions expressed on this blog and any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the
original authors. Employer's name, employee names and clients will be withheld due to privacy concerns.